Custom Search

Saturday, January 10, 2009

clouded conversations



Its will be hard on him. But he has to know. After 7 years of living together I owe it to him.

She played with the sands around her as she sat leaning her back on to him. He was humming a song. She knew she had heard it somewhere. But couldn’t place the song nor could she remember the lyrics.

It was he who had pushed her into setting up her own business after her miscarriage. He had wanted her to take her mind off things that bothered her. And she was thankful for that. And she loved what she was doing. Interior designing had always been her passion. And making houses feel like homes gave her a great sense of accomplishment. Hers was a small business. Just 4 years old. A baby when compared to most other giant designing houses. But she did have a nice small set of clients. It was that He had come into her one roomed office and wanted her to do up his studio apartment.

How would he take it? Leave me probably? I guess it’s best for the both of us. Why would he want to live with someone who had almost betrayed him?

Anu?

She was startled at the sound of his voice.

I think am falling in love...

She couldn’t believe it

I...

Let me complete Anu...

I don’t know if you’ve felt this before. But I have. A feeling that life is dull, boring and aimless?

He continued not waiting for her answer.

She swallowed and waited with bated breath.


Well I have. Many times. Especially after what happened to us over four years ago. And every time I tried to pick myself up, I found that I couldn’t. But then there was this face that always egged me on, convinced me that everything was alright. And that life is indeed wonderful.


I wonder how we both can feel the same way and yet have been living under the same roof. Atleast now I don’t have to be guilty about breaking his heart. Probably he wants a way out of this too.

She thought about Him unapologetically, without a trace of guilt, for the first time since she’d fallen in love with Him.

I want to tell you anu, that you are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met...inside and out. Am so glad you are mine. Am so happy you are with me. Am so lucky to have someone like you...to fall in love with again and again...every single day...


She sat there by him. Not knowing what to say. The sky melted into black. The song that he hummed made their words clear to her

6 comments:

The Mind Bedouin said...

very very nice piece... loved it... but i have a feeling i have come across the same idea somewhere.. but your style has made it novel enough...good work vrinda!! yeah... and once again... i love the way this story was brought to its end... signifying a lot of new beginnings and endings in the process...

Zeinab said...

Once more: don't peddle photos...destroys the atmosphere completely. I was already thinking of Charlize Theron wondering which film it was taken from...don't purposefully waylay readers. More importantly, don't lose them.

Best wishes, as always.

Anamika said...

@ mind bedouin

:)

Anamika said...

@zeinab

no more pictures then?

Sashu... said...

beautiful, this one!! loved it!

K P said...

is it just me....or but i didn't get it....